A list in chronological order of recommended reading in the land sector in Laos.
By: Ian G. Baird; Bruce Shoemaker
Organisation: Probe International (2005)
By: Nouphanh Mahaphonh; Pheuiphanh Nyaorivathana; Meena Phimphachanh; Sysaweui chittasupha; Serntai Pasay; Peter Jones
Organisation: GTZ (2007)
By: François Obein
Organisation: Earth Systems Lao; Agence Française de Développement (2007)
By: Keith Barney
Organisation: York University (2008)
Organisation: Sub-Working Group on Upland development, MAF (2008)
By: Yayoi Fujita; Khamla Phanvilay (2008)
By: Elizabeth Mann; Ny Luangkhot
Organisation: GTZ/Lao-German Land Policy Development Project (2008)
By: Oliver Schoenweger; Alfons Ullenberg
Organisation: GTZ (2009)
Organisation: TERRA; NLMA; Khon Kaen University (2009)
By: Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (MAF); National Land Management Authority (NLMA) (2010)
By: Miles Kenney-Lazar
Organisation: Fulbright Program – Faculty of Forestry, National University of Laos (2010)
Organisation: World Bank Team (2010)
By: Nina Fenton; Magnus Lindelow
Organisation: World Bank (2010)
Organisation: Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) (2011)
By: Schoenweger; Heinimann; Epprecht; Lu; Thalongsengchanh
Organisation: MoNRE, CDE, SDC (2012)
16) Facilitator guide: Free Prior Inform Consent (FPIC) for REED+ (2014)
Find this in Lao
By: Diana Suhardiman, Mark Giordanob, Oulavanh Keovilignavonga, Touleelor Sotoukee
Organization: IWMI (2015)
By: Thoumthone Vongvisouka, Rikke Brandt Broegaardb, Ole Mertzb, Sithong Thongmanivong
Organization: FoF – NOUL (2016)
19) Land and Forest Tenure in Laos: Baseline Overview 2016 with Options for Community Participation in Forest Management. Read in English.
By Michael Dwyer
Organization: UN-REDD Program (2016)
20) Responsible Large-Scale Agricultural Investments in the Mekong Region: An Online Dialogue Summary Report. Read in English.
By Jean-Christophe Diepart
Organization: Mekong Regional Land Governance (2017)
Original source can be found here.
21) Peoples’ Stories and Natural Resources Around Us (2015).
Organization: Mekong Watch
22) The Recognition of Customary Tenure in Lao PDR (October, 2017)
Written by Jeremy Ironside, Reviewed by Natalia Scurrah (MRLG) and Chansouk Insouvanh (Consultant)
Organization : Mekong Regional Land Governance (MRLG)
Find this in English.
23) The presentation of the Responsible Large-Scale Agricultural Investment in the Mekong: A regional workshop organized by MRLG from 15-17 November, 2017 in Vientiane, Laos
- Fair deal or Order by Vongpaphane Manivong, NAFRI.
- Contract Farming in Laos by NAFRI
- On the learning curve: sustainability in the making in the Laotian coffee sector by Cirad and FAN, NUOL
- Linking Smallholder Plantations to Global Markets: Lesson Learn from IKEA Model in Vietnam by Forest Trends
- Opportunities, Risks and Growing Inequality by Land Core Group
- Myamar CP Maize narrative Report by Pa-O Youth Organization
24) See the section Publications for pieces of research commissioned and published by the LIWG.